Amazon Echo Dot Review
2nd November 2017 - Duncan McClean
Roughly a month ago, I bought an Echo Dot from Amazon. For the most part, it works pretty well. There are a few hitches but I’ll talk about them later in the review.
The hardware is pretty neat. For how small it is and it’s price, the speakers are good. It can fit into most spaces.
- Easy setup – Install the app, connect it to your Amazon account, install some skills and you’re ready.
- Connect to a better speaker – Personally, I don’t need to, but you can connect your Echo Dot into a bigger speaker if you wish.
- Bluetooth – You can connect to it via Bluetooth. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
- TuneIn – I like listening to the radio while I’m in bed. There have been a few instances where the radio seems to cut off and does not start again which seems a bit odd.
- Alarms – Alexa also doubles up as my alarm clock. There are a variety of different alarms available. As well as one from the Grand Tour series on Amazon Prime. You can set alarms by simple voice commands.
- Spotify – Be aware if you plan to listen to Music through Spotify you’ll need to buy yourself a subscription to Spotify Premium. There is a workaround by playing the music through the Spotify app on your phone connected via Bluetooth.
- Voice Recognition – Sometimes I find that Alexa doesn’t always pick up what I say.
If you want to jump on the Smart home bandwagon then the Echo Dot is a great start. It’s also remarkably cheap just like the Amazon Fire.